Sexual Assault Services
Sexual Assault can happen to anyone, anywhere, at any time. If you have experienced Sexual Assault, we can help.
An advocate can support you, listen, and accompany you to medical exams, police interviews, court hearings.
You have a legal right to have an advocate present when you are interviewed.
Research about Intimate Partner Sexual Violence has indicated:
- 68% of physically abused women also reported sexual assault
- 79% of sexually assaulted women reported repeated episodes of forced sex
- 6% of sexually assaulted women contacted the police following the first sexual assault and 8% applied for a protection order
- Justice contact, either police or protection orders, was associated with up to a 70% reduction in the risk of re-assault
- Not contacting the police after the first sexual assault doubled a woman's risk of re-assault and not applying for a protection order tripled her re-assault risk
- Abuse victims who are also sexually assaulted have higher rates of severe injury and being killed than victims of physical violence alone